[vdr] VDR on Fedora recommended window manager

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Sat Nov 15 05:15:05 CET 2008

Hi

I'm running VDR-1.6.0 and vdr-xine on my Fedora 6 box, and am moving into
Fedora 9.

I've always had problems with a lack of real understanding on window
managers, so have put up with GDM under Fedora 6, but Fedora 9 has some real
nasty "clever" stuff that just simply needs disabling.

Can anyone suggest a howto, or can guide me on how to circumvent this
entirely?  Basically I need to:

1) auto log into 'vdruser'
2) start xine

That's it.  Everything else is done behind the scenes, and I can handle.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Simon