[vdr] femon 1.6.3 - some remarks

Rolf Ahrenberg rahrenbe at cc.hut.fi
Sat Nov 22 16:11:55 CET 2008

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008, Goga777 wrote:

>>> in BITRATE field I can see only ---(6 Mbit/s)
> I can see without any problem video/audio bitrate on the top right of OSD (that's why the bitrate is parsed at the
> moment correctly) , but I don't see video/audio bitrate below in OSD

Sorry, I don't quite get your explanation, but femon shows two different
bitrates: one in the status window is always a calculated bitrate and in
the bigger detailed information window there are both the nominal
bitrate parsed from the video stream ("---" above) and the calculated
one in brackets ("6 MBit/s" above). The calculated bitrate is always
available if enabled in setup as it simply calculates the data rate of a
selected pid in defined time period. The nominal bitrate is kind of
maximum bitrate value as a hint for the decoder.

> the same problem was described on our Russian-vdr forum from other vdr user. It wasn't happened on previous femon versions.
> I will not be able to run vanilla vdr 170 because I have s2api drivers

As I already told you, the femon doesn't support >= vdr-1.7.0 (yet), so
does this hang happen also in the latest vdr-1.6.0 series?

BR,
--
rofa