[vdr] xineliboutput sxfe / xxmc / via / EPIA ML6000 : great !

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Sun Nov 23 18:05:11 CET 2008

Torgeir Veimo a écrit :
> On 22 Nov 2008, at 21:04, Nicolas Huillard wrote:
>> I must tell that the xxmc (XVMC-VLD) decoding is nearly perfect, the
>> OSD is fully transparent on this, and does not take any CPU at all,
>> and the system is on par with softdevice.
> What cpu usage did you get when running softdevice with the cle266
> output option with this hardware setup?

I didn't use softdevice on this ML6000, but on an older M10K. I don't
remember the exact details (this M10K is also using xineliboutput at the
moment), but it was quite the same, ie. I didn't bother with CPU usage
since it was largely within safe limits (<=20%).

M10K is currently at 15-18% CPU for VDR (plus a bit for kdvb-fe-*)

Software decoding with softdevice was OK (with transparent OSD on
DirectFB), but is clearly out of question with xineliboutput (software
OSD makes most of the frames drop).