[vdr] xineliboutput sxfe / xxmc / via / EPIA ML6000 : great !

JJussi linux-dvb at jjussi.com
Mon Nov 24 10:46:42 CET 2008

On Monday, 24. Novemberta 2008 11:37:20 Nicolas Huillard wrote:
> jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com a écrit :
> >> * diskless system : EPIA ML6000 / 600MHz, 512MB, diskless, 100Mbps
> >
> > Ethernet, 12V power supply, no fan, no noise : 25W off the wall while
> > decoding video
> >
> > Blah, only one PCI slot. Where are proper low-power MB's with 2 or more
> > PCI slots for DVB-cards?  And how much does the server (NFS, DVB-card(s))
> > use power?
>
> No use of PCI in the client.
>
> The server is powered by an UPS, which tells me 115VA delivered to :
> * EPIA EK8000 (fanless)
> * 4x 250GB spinning disks
> * 1x 8 ports ethernet switch (powered off the PC 5V line)
> * the ADSL triple play box (FreeBox, powered off the PC 12V line)
> * audio amplifier in standby
> * no DVB devices yet
>
> The server being there and useful, adding VDR services to it is just a
> net gain. Finally moving DVB devices to it will also allow me to power
> off other clients, which is also a net gain.
>
> > PCH power requirements:
> >> I happened to have my Kill-A-Watt nearby and this is what I found:
> >> With the HD spinning: 180mA / 12Watts
> >> With the HD idle and the PH in standby: 100mA / 6Watts
> >
> > And PCH supports upto 1080p (or 1920x1200 with 16/10 monitor) with no
> > micro judders.. :) Just the UI is needed for full VDR-usage.
>

> I guess you're talking about PopcornHour.
> This is another path : much more power efficient, much more integrated,
> but much less open and fun than DIY x86 PC hardware ;-)

Hi!
If we are talking about just plain vdr client with DVB cards somewhere in
network (NFS).. How about "Samsung SyncMaster 460MXn 46" Full HD LCD with  in
builded PC" (LH46MGTLBC/EN)
* AMD Athlon X2 3400+ 1.8GHz
* 1GB DDR2
* 4MB Flash
* ATI Radeon HD 3200
* GBit LAN
* Realtek ALC262 sound
* 3x USB2.0
* Windows what could be changed to Linux... ;-)

Price here at Finland .. ~2100€

--
JJussi