[vdr] xineliboutput sxfe / xxmc / via / EPIA ML6000 : great !

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Mon Nov 24 11:10:20 CET 2008

JJussi a écrit :
>>> And PCH supports upto 1080p (or 1920x1200 with 16/10 monitor) with no
>>> micro judders.. :) Just the UI is needed for full VDR-usage.
>
>> I guess you're talking about PopcornHour.
>> This is another path : much more power efficient, much more integrated,
>> but much less open and fun than DIY x86 PC hardware ;-)
>
> If we are talking about just plain vdr client with DVB cards somewhere in
> network (NFS).. How about "Samsung SyncMaster 460MXn 46" Full HD LCD with  in
> builded PC" (LH46MGTLBC/EN)
> * AMD Athlon X2 3400+ 1.8GHz
> * 1GB DDR2
> * 4MB Flash
> * ATI Radeon HD 3200
> * GBit LAN
> * Realtek ALC262 sound
> * 3x USB2.0
> * Windows what could be changed to Linux... ;-)

Neat!
Pros:
* integrated IR receiver that can power up the PC
* no audio, IR cables, etc.
* Flash disk (is it really it?) for a quick local boot
Cons:
* no real hardware choice
* potential driver/config problems (radeon, flash drive, TV-PC relationship)
* have to change the TV set at the same time
* power draw (330W vs. 240W for a similar PC-less 46" LCD)

--
NH