[vdr] New Video Decode and Presentation API from NVidia

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:50:25 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:53 AM, Nicolas Huillard <nicolas at huillard.net> wrote:
> It seems that things are really moving, and VDR-HD may finally work with
> cheap hardware by the time HD material is commonplace.

You must live under a rock if HD content isn't already common where
you live/from your provider!  Here is NA there's tons of HD channels,
with many more coming soon.

Also, building a HD-capable pc is already cheap.  You don't need some
expensive cpu with GB's of ram and so on.  My test box (which uses the
on-board gpu) does HD and was only cpu-$40 + ram-$25 + mainboard-$65.
cpu is amd x2 4400, corsair 2x1GB stick ram kit, mainboard is msi
k9n6sgm-v.  $130 USD and I had a new dvb test box that does HDTV.