[vdr] vdr-1.7.1 video stream format

Stefan Lucke stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Wed Nov 26 21:06:55 CET 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008, Frank Schmirler wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:42:28 +0100, Stefan Lucke wrote
> > On Monday 24 November 2008, Frank Schmirler wrote:
> > > Unless I've overlooked some section repacker somewhere, there's a bug in
> > > cPatPmtGenerator. I've already sent the attached patch to Klaus, but he didn't
> > > have time to look at it yet.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > but things went worse with that on my system:
> > audio disappeared and nothing more to dump in PlayVideo() :-( .
>
> Problem seems to be that my patch fixes the generator, but the same mistake is
> made while parsing the TS packet. I attached an extended patch which fixes
> parsing, too.
>
> According to the dumps you sent me (thanks!), vdr-1.7.1 cPatPmtGenerator *is*
> broken.

Sorry, but this version does not help much.

Without patch ffplay & mplayer can play dumped TS packets.
With patch mplayer plays fine whereas ffplay only plays audio (no video),
and softdevice only has some audible clicks.

My main concern is that softdevice  PlayTs*() never gets called and
while writing these lines, I found the typo PlayTS vs PlayTs.

--
Stefan Lucke