[vdr] Freeview+ aka TV-Anytime Patch (updated)

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 13:53:09 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 13:48 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> On 10/07/08 10:26, Gavin Hamill wrote:

> On my Sky digibox "Sky One" is on chanel number 106 - but I never saw
> that number in any programme announcement on Sky. The only say "... on Sky One",
> and not "... on channel 106".
>
> So where exactly are the channel numbers really used?
>
> BTW: on my VDR the Sky channels start at 201 ;-)

Well I can say that poster / magazine advertising in the UK almost
always includes the channel number, especially if it's a channel not
produced by Sky themselves.

Sky One is a special case because it's not carried on Freeview or
cable. :) (Our national cable-co refused to pay what Sky demanded for
Sky One carriage...)

Cheers,
Gavin.