[vdr] Syncearly + subtitles problem

Ales Jurik ajurik at quick.cz
Tue Oct 21 17:40:32 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 21 of October 2008, Josce wrote:
> >> The reason for this is explained here:
> >>
> >> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2008-October/018072.html
> >>
> >> So now we just have to be patient and hope that someone who knows how to
> >> fix it fixes it.
> >
> >I've read this mail but now I've done test recording 47mins long (National
> >Geographic, UPC, 19.2E) and when replaying it (without using any speed
> > change within replaying) the dvb-subtitles were in sync for whole 47
> > minutes.
> >
> >So I do not understand why the problems appears only at specific channels.
> Are you sure that this recording doesn't have the subtitle "burned in"?
> What happens when you turn off the dvb-subtitle support in VDR?

Yes, I'm sure.

Normally, I'm watching this channel without subtitles as it is broacasted in
english and polish languages (no problem for me). For this test I've switch
the dvb-subtitles by <sub> key on IR :) to "cze".

If you want I'll try on another channel too. I'm able to receive sats from
53.0E to 30.0W.