[vdr] sound problem with recordings

serge pecher spe at sdmonv.com
Tue Sep 2 20:28:49 CEST 2008

I have a strange problem with a specific recording I did record some time
ago (end

It seems that, after some time (5 to 10 min) I loose the sync between the
video and the sound. After an other +/-1 minute the sound becomes choppy.

I had a look on the cpu usage : +/- 25% or lower

The recording is on a IDE HDD in the same machine.

When I try a recording made a few days before or later, no problem at all.
cpu usage is the same as above.

I am running vdr 1.5.13 on a Xeon, 2.4 Ghz, kubuntu 8.04, with a FF card.

It is possible that the recording was made with an other version of vdr,
because I am changing from time to time.

Live TV and every other recording I did try are working well.

Any idea ?