[vdr] new dvb api ?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Thu Sep 4 21:28:34 CEST 2008

I was wondering what the people on the VDR ml thought about this.

Now that multiproto is finally complete, and VDR has excellent support
for it, some people want to create a completely new API. They say this
is so that future modulations could be better supported, but multiproto
can offer that support, too, with not much effort and without breaking
compatibility.

Overall, the call for this new API seems like something personal between
the developers, but I'm on slippery ice here.

It seems stupid that the users would have to pay for some fight by
having to wait another few months for this new API to get completed.

/Met vriendelijke groeten,/

*Jelle De Loecker*
Kipdola Studios - Tomberg