[vdr] new dvb api ?

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 22:04:34 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Jelle De Loecker <skerit at kipdola.com> wrote:
> I was wondering what the people on the VDR ml thought about this.
>
> Now that multiproto is finally complete, and VDR has excellent support for
> it, some people want to create a completely new API. They say this is so
> that future modulations could be better supported, but multiproto can offer
> that support, too, with not much effort and without breaking compatibility.
>
> Overall, the call for this new API seems like something personal between the
> developers, but I'm on slippery ice here.
>
> It seems stupid that the users would have to pay for some fight by having to
> wait another few months for this new API to get completed.

Unfortunately personal politics has a lot to do with it even though
it's not admitted in open public.  It's no coincidence that the person
delaying the multiproto pull request is also one of the main guys for
the new api.  Additionally, there's a long history of "disagreements"
between the parties involved.  There has even been attempts to mislead
people about multiproto in an effort to gain support for the new api.
The more I look into this, the more childishness I discover taking
place.