[vdr] VDR Development

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 18:38:07 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Andrey Kuzmin <maillists at egodot.net> wrote:
>> But! Coordinating such a Team is some thing that needs time, for itselfe.
>> But all thouse discussions,
>> about the priority of a "feature" should be done befor coding starts.
>
> May be it worth just to try and see if there is a problem here at all? ;-)
>
> I belive problem here is a bit different. There is no any good will to
> make this project more open. It's the direct path to become obsolete.

I also don't see the harm in trying.  Some people act as if VDR will
turn into a pile of crap the instant any attempt is made but this
thought is completely ridiculous.  Furthermore, it's absurd to think
Klaus will somehow lose control of his software.  Surely he would
remain the projects head maintainer.

I agree with you and I certainly don't want to see the day when VDR
has almost no users left and has become obsolete.  But that day will
certainly come if little or no effort is made to stop it.  Seeing how
many people have already left VDR, it's already happening!  :(