[vdr] VDR Development

syrius.ml at no-log.org syrius.ml at no-log.org
Sat Sep 6 02:58:26 CEST 2008

Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> writes:

> On 09/05/08 16:15, Vladimir Kangin wrote:
>> We can dedicate server for these purpose. And our administrators would
>> be able to support it. Does it make sense?
>
> Of course I can't prevent people from doing this.
> But I won't synchronize my work on some repository where
> others call the shots.
> It would most likely mean my retirement from VDR development...

first of all : RESPECT
i'm respectful and thankful for the very nice stable software.

but vdr has not evolved for years !
no real new features, it's still meant to be used with one ff dvb-s
card. there's a plugin interface but most of the time you don't want
to hear about bugs when somebody is using a plugin.
what's the point then ?

And, what about this blackmail thing ?
Wouldn't it be simpler to say "i don't have time anymore, my needs won't
evolve and i don't want to code features i won't use, please carry on !" ?