[vdr] VDR Development

Lars Bläser lars.blaeser at lycosxxl.de
Sat Sep 6 15:00:42 CEST 2008

Davide Cavalca wrote:
> You say you want to fork it: what would you accomplish with that? It's
> not as if the code would magically write itself. I've yet to see a
> single prospective developer say "if it were forked I'd write X". (And,
> BTW, there's nothing forbidding him to write X in form of a patch and
> post it on this list.) On the other hand, by forking you'd probably lose
> Klaus, who has written by himself the majority of VDR code and knows it
> like no one else.

btw. there is a vdr fork repository (svn://reelbox.org)
reel-multimadia has its own 1.4.7 dvb-s2, h.264 capable vdr
they (Georg Acher?) wrote there own extension för dvb-s2 and they
extended vdr to there needs
it could be interesting to hear of the experience they have made
(backports, using vdr 1.7.x in the future?)