[vdr] VDR Development

Georg Acher acher at in.tum.de
Sun Sep 7 20:25:56 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 07:21:04PM +0200, Halim Sahin wrote:

> > > * help to add dvb-s2 support into main kernel!!
> >
> > Which one?
>
> I don't know.

:-) I guess nobody does...

> But I have forgotten another important point:
>
> Help to develope an fullfeatured, h264 capable card, or hw accelerated

Been there, done that already :-) The HDE from Reel decodes h264, I wrote a
lot of the driver stuff for it. So there is (at least one) h264-decoder
card, and btw, vdr is the main platform for the HDE.

> video driver for radeon/nvidia/intel cards.

There are rumours that Ati is planning such drivers... In the long term
special decoder cards will vanish, but I think it will still take some time.

         Georg Acher, acher at in.tum.de
         http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/~acher