[vdr] Build plugin with different headers then in VDR distribution

Dieter Hametner dh+vdr at gekrumbel.de
Mon Sep 8 14:21:02 CEST 2008

Hi Michael

On Monday, 8. September 2008 Michael Stepanov wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Dieter, for your solution. It seems very useful. Especially
> when VDR installed from the package and not from the sources. But I don't
> understand clearly how to run your script? What parameters should be passed
> there? Just keyword plugins? And where in should be run? From the building
> pluguns directory?

I just have somewhere in my $HOME the live sources directory. I just cd into
it and execute 'make-live' (the name of the previously posted script in my
~/bin).
That will create the 'default' target of the live plugins Makefile which is
the binary.
You can execute 'make-live clean' to clean the sources from build artefacts.
What you pass to the script is what you would pass to the normal make call.

That way I build only the live plugin. The sources of the live plugin are
*not* in the PLUGINS/src/live subdirectory like it would be with 'normal' VDR
plugin development.

A side note: the same Makefile (inside the live sources, without any
modifications) is also suitable to build the LIVE plugin inside the VDRs
PLUGIN directory.

Hope this helps :)

Kind regards
Dieter Hametner

--
Dieter Hametner                    dh (plus) vdr (at) gekrumbel (dot) de
live plugin developer              http://live.vdr-developer.org