[vdr] Getting old dvb_ttpci running with new driver and VDR1.7.1

Niels Wagenaar n.wagenaar at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 17 09:57:43 CEST 2008


Op Wo, 17 september, 2008 08:04, schreef Matthias Fechner:
> Hi Community,
>
> -- SNIP --
>
> Was anyone successfull to get that driver with VDR 1.7.1 with the old TT
> card (Rev 1.3) running?

Not with an old TT card and VDR 1.7.1, but I had the same kind of problem
with a Skystar2 (SS2) Rev 2.6 in combination with VDR 1.7.0 a couple of
days back.

I used Igor's repo as well and I only compiled VDR against the
liplianindvb with the compiler.h in place (no compiling of liplianindvb at
all, I thought it wasn't needed since the card was allready detected). And
I encountered the same problem, no locking with VDR 1.7.0 and a SS2. In
the user.log I found an error message with the text "No DVB devices found"
(or something like this).

I resolved it by compiling liplianindvb and do a make install (I rebooted
to be sure). And voila! The SS2 worked without problems and could lock to
several transponders on different sats.

So in short, compilation and installation of multiproto is mandatory for 
VDR 1.7.0. Perhaps this will also fix your problem with VDR 1.7.1.

> Bye,
> Matthias

Regards,

Niels Wagenaar




More information about the vdr mailing list