[vdr] VDR not starting if a plugin fails to start?

Petri Helin phelin at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 19 18:21:48 CEST 2008

VDR User wrote:
> I think it's a huge assumption (and incorrect one) to say the main
> function of VDR is to record tv shows.  I know many people who use it
> for watching live tv, email notices, weather report, playing other
> media something like an htpc, etc.

Ok, let me rephrase it: for my purposes, the main task of VDR is to
record TV programmes. I do use it for lots of other purposes also, but
for me that is its main task.

Some kind of an analogy could be drawn between Firefox and VDR: Although
I use a lot of extensions with Firefox, I wouldn't want one that doesn't
really behave to stop me using Firefox altogether. And before you ask, I
don't know how Firefox reacts to a badly behaving extension ;)

-Petri