[vdr] OSD problem with xineliboutput 1.0.1 when playing videos using Media Player

Pauli Borodulin pauli at borodulin.fi
Sun Sep 21 12:12:12 CEST 2008

Here's my current setup:

VDR 1.6.0-2, FFmpeg r15245, DirectFB 1.0.1, Xinelib 1.1.15, and
Xineliboutput 1.0.1. I have a Matrox G550, so I'm running VDR using

   -P "xineliboutput --local=fbfe --video=DirectFB"

to output the picture thru' tv-out. Everything works nicely except the
OSD in Xineliboutput's Media player.

When using hardware scaling for video (xineliboutput.Video.SwScale = 0),
the OSD is correctly sized with any video, but looks a bit awful (hw
scaling is not doing too good job). So I want to use software scaling
instead. If I switch software scaling on during video playback, the OSD
becomes nice looking, just like it is when watching/playing DVB stuff.

BUT, if I later try playing any video with media player (the same as
before or another), the OSD is really tiny in the top-left corner. The
size of the OSD now seems to depend on the video resolution. If I go to
Xineliboutput's settings, disable & enable sw scaling, the OSD is again
shown correctly. So this seems to be some kind of problem with
initializing the OSD during startup of video playback.

Any hints?

Pauli Borodulin