[vdr] FW: [ANNOUNCE] DVB API improvements

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Wed Sep 24 20:54:14 CEST 2008

Niels Wagenaar wrote:
> So, this should mean that VDR 1.7.x should focus on S2API because of
> the obvious reasons. Has anybody started on a patch of somekind to
> include S2API in VDR 1.7.0 or 1.7.1? Mainly I was thinking of doing
> it myself (I have a Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 which is allready
> supported in S2API) in the hope to have it working in the next
> weekend. But if it's allready done or in progress, then I would like
> to use my time for something else ;)

As I've written(1) on the DVB list before, a quick hack could be
possible based on the DVB API wrapper patch. A better implementation
probably requires deeper changes within the channel structures. (and
should IMHO be a change to a DVB header independent structure.)

Since I don't use either of the new APIs I'll leave these changes to
others though.

Cheers,

Udo

(1) http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-August/028369.html