[vdr] Question about VDR changes for a high-color osd.

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Tue Apr 14 01:42:03 CEST 2009

Why not go all the way and implement an opengl rendered OSD with vdpau?
This would of course require information from vdr in a slightly different
form; ie. semantically instead of pixels. I'd suggest trying to get the OSD
information as HTML from VDR, then allowing the frontend to render it in any
way it deems suitable, with fancy animation, transition effects, icons etc.
This might also make it easier to implement text-only OSD, eg for terminal
connections.

2009/4/14 VDR User <user.vdr at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Udo Richter <udo_richter at gmx.de> wrote:
> > This will hopefully be a true-color OSD with transparency and the
> > ability to scale to the needs of the output device? Like having a HD OSD
> > even on SD playback? And (even if these times are almost history) the
> > ability to switch between 4:3 and 16:9 based on what the output device
> > needs?
>
> Let's all keep our fingers crossed tight for that.  You know the
> saying, if you're gonna do it, might as well do it right!  ;)
>
> Klaus, this is great to hear since I know many guys have been
> interested in this for some time (myself included).  It seems the news
> is traveling fast too, have already seen several inquiries about it
> elsewhere!
>
> It looks like I'll be loading Photoshop later and getting back to the
> high color/res yaepghd themes I was working on now. :)
>
> Cheers,
> Derek

-Tor