[vdr] Best practices for running vdr-xine

Theunis Potgieter theunis.potgieter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 12:10:25 CEST 2009

I use xineliboutput, permanently on my vdr, with xvmc enabled on my old
nvidia 440 MX card. however only on SD mpeg2 broadcasts. It does provide
some multimedia playback on other formats, which is useful. Normal vdr
recordings are a bit of a pain, since fast forwarded/rewind doesn't work as
you would expect with softdevice. If my vdr loses signal for a minute, I
have to restart VDR, perhaps I should just try restarting xineliboutput. It
is good enough for what I use. I didn't see any support for a vdr menu to
play back other multi media content in vdr-xine, so there for never used it.