[vdr] Best practices for running vdr-xine

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:46:18 CEST 2009

I've only ever used vdr-xine and I must say it's pretty easy to get
going.  I've never used (or installed) Linux as a desktop either,
maybe that's where people get problems?

For years it was console-only Debian with nexus-s tv-out.  When that
didn't cut it anymore due to things like hdtv, hdmi, etc. I bought a
cheap vdpau video card, tried vdr-xine for the first time, and have
been happy ever since!  The few problems I had were all code-related
and quickly resolved by the developers so I couldn't be happier.

The old advice is still true, use whatever works for you. :)

Cheers,
Derek