[vdr] Best practices for running vdr-xine

Seppo Ingalsuo seppo.ingalsuo at iki.fi
Wed Apr 29 21:27:00 CEST 2009

Jan Ekholm wrote:

> So xineliboutput can't be what budget card people use, so I guess it's time to
> test vdr-xine. My initial gut feeling is that VDR isn't meant for X11 output
> at all, and it just happens to be possible to kludge it somehow.

Bad luck? Obsolete xine libraries? I'm running three vdr-sxfe clients at
home with nice 50 Hz progressive 720p/1080p output to DVI with close to
perfect vertical blanking sync (or in other words the horizontal text
scrolls are smooth and sharp). I didn't get that working with on-board
AMD780G graphics in my newest PC but a cheapo Nvidia card fixed that.
Now I'm looking forward to eventually switch to VDPAU.

BR,
Seppo