[vdr] VDR frontend device: Xtreamer

alexw alexw at undercover.mine.nu
Sun Dec 6 18:48:26 CET 2009

On 12/06/2009 04:18 PM, Theunis Potgieter wrote:

> 2009/12/1 alexw <alexw at undercover.mine.nu
> <mailto:alexw at undercover.mine.nu>>
>
>     On 11/29/2009 04:13 PM, Theunis Potgieter wrote:
>
>         2009/11/27 alexw<alexw at undercover.mine.nu
>         <mailto:alexw at undercover.mine.nu>>:
>
>             Hi,
>
>             I do.
>

>         Do you use an Xtreamer device as a frontend, what are you
>         using to achive this?
>

>     I am using a PCH-A110 device with vdr-ui running on a separate
>     server (for better integration). Channels are served using the
>     standard streamdev plugin.
>     The only drawback is the necessity to quit (close) the running
>     stream and go back to the vdr-ui selection page each time you want
>     to change to another channel.
>
>     I have managed to build a jsp playlist with all VDR channels, but
>     channel change is not quick enough to bring a good `surfing`
>     experience with this method.
>
>     Using xineliboutput you can watch the `live` stream and change
>     channel without quitting the player but the mono pmt parser fails
>     sometime to get the new pids (tested with soft and hard demuxerm.
>     m2ts and pes container). I am convinced that this is the best way
>     to have an acceptable switching time between 2 channels reusing
>     existing player with low key/remote dev (directfb keyb app to
>     redirect remote key to VDR app).
>

> I tried this with vdr-1.7.9 and as soon as I switch the channel the
> Xtreamer device stops. I still need to press stop and play again.
Are you using the cvs version of the plugin? If not, you should give it
a try. There is a fix which send a new PMT with relevant pids each time
a channel is performed. You can verify using a tool like dvbsnoop. If
the screen is still black, it is a problem of the PCH player. Even if
the new channel is not playing, going back to previous one must show the
proper picture.