[vdr] US OTA ATSC - Does it work?

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Tue Dec 15 00:18:49 CET 2009

I don't have a problem with getting the channels as long as I use the
built in scanner for the plugin, then move the data over to the
channels.conf. What I have a problem with is I have a dual tuner and vdr
keeps loosing control of one of the tuners. If it happens to be on the
secondary when it looses, then it's the first tuner that goes.I don't
need to restart drivers, only vdr/xine to restore it. I have also
noticed that disabling the atsc epg plugin seems to stop the problem but
the author only has one tuner, so no way to confirm/check the problem.
If I ever get time to upgrade my other vdr box, it will have both the
same dual tuner and a single atsc tuner and a sat tuner. I'll then be
able to see if the tuner loss is just that card.

Be sure to use the latest atsc plugin