[vdr] vdr shutdownskript - wrong time

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Wed Dec 23 13:14:00 CET 2009

Steffen Barszus schrieb:
> Ian Bates schrieb:
>>
>> There is also a detailed section in the INSTALL document:
>>
> Thanks i have to admit i only checked the manpages.
>>
>> If a timer is currently recording, or a recording would start within the
>> next 30 minutes (default for the "Min. event timeout" setup
>> parameter), and
>> the user insists in shutting down now, the first and second parameter
>> will
>> correspond to a time that is "Min. event timeout" minutes in the future.
>>
>> Before the shutdown program is called, the user will be prompted to
>> inform
>> him that the system is about to shut down. If any remote control key is
>> pressed while this prompt is visible, the shutdown will be cancelled
>> (and
>> tried again later). The shutdown prompt will be displayed for 5
>> minutes, which
>> should be enough time for the user to react.
>>
> So its really a "feature" - Whats the use case for this - except for
> the surprise ? Should a shutdown script try to  "fix" that  ?
To answer to myself - there should be at least any sign that the
shutdown skript can differentiate between
real timer 30+ min in the future or if this feature kicked in. This is
not possible at the moment. I would prefer
vdr is not calculating this and just providing the real time of the timer.

Someone who would have a problem with this ? Klaus, can this be changed ?

Kind Regards

Steffen