[vdr] Shutting a system down.

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 26 09:07:49 CET 2009

Am Samstag, den 26.12.2009, 07:53 +0200 schrieb Lauri Tischler:
> Paul Menzel wrote:
> > Am Freitag, den 25.12.2009, 13:38 -0800 schrieb VDR User:
> >
> > […]
> >
> >> However, in my case since VDR is my main tv/media source, it would be
> >> annoying to have to boot the computer every time someone wanted to
> >> watch/listen to something, therefore the box stays on 24/7.  Thus,
> >> never having use for shutting down.
> >
> > Well, I guess energy prices are still too low.
>
> Really stupid comment, maybe you also believe that food is too cheap
> if people can afford to eat.

Sorry, I will not insult you, but I do not understand your analogy. Of
course I do not believe that.

I did not write, energy prices are too low because people can afford to
run electrical systems.

I will not write anything further regarding this topic because that does
not belong to this list. If you want to we can discuss this off-list.