[vdr] auto shutdown (-s) question

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Feb 7 11:26:29 CET 2009

On Saturday 07 February 2009, Udo Richter wrote:
> On 06.02.2009 13:49, Alex Betis wrote:
> > I'm playing now with autoshutdown script (the one that is specified with
> > -s switch) and have a question.
> > When power button is pressed, VDR calls the script, but lets say the
> > script decided not to
> > shutdown the PC (other background work is done). I see that VDR shows a
> > countdown of
> > 5 minutes saying that it will shutdown soon.
>
> VDR does not know whether the shutdown script initiated the shutdown or
> decided to ignore it,

I suppose it would be quite easy to implement that and maybe some other
scenarios as well using shutdown script exit statuses.  For example exit
status 0 = shutdown successfully initiated (already in current VDR), 10 =
shutdown ignored, 11 = something else, 12 = something else, anything else =
an unexpected error occurred.