[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-webvideo 0.1.0

Antti Ajanki antti.ajanki at iki.fi
Mon Feb 9 17:59:28 CET 2009

Jukka Tastula wrote:
> On Sunday 08 February 2009 21:45:55 Antti Ajanki wrote:
>> New version of the Webvideo plugin is available at
>> http://users.tkk.fi/~aajanki/vdr/webvideo/vdr-webvideo-0.1.0.tgz
>
> Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but compiling the usual way I'm getting
>
> Plugin webvideo:
> ERROR: plugin webvideo doesn't honor APIVERSION - not compiled!

The (non-Debian) build instructions are indeed outdated. Sorry about that.

For now, the easiest way to compile is the following:

# Compile the plugin
cd /put/your/path/here/VDR/PLUGINS/src
tar -xzf /put/your/path/here/vdr-webvideo-X.Y.Z.tgz
cp -r webvideo-0.1.0/vdr-plugin/ webvideo    # <-- note: cp, not ln!
mkdir -p /video/plugins/webvideo
cp webvideo/mime.types /video/plugins/webvideo
cd /put/your/path/here/VDR
make
make plugins

# Install the daemon and the webvi client
cd PLUGINS/src/webvideo-0.1.0
mkdir -p /usr/share/webvid
cp -r webvidaemon/services/* /usr/share/webvid
python setup.py

And running:

# Start the daemon (must be running when plugin is in use)
python /usr/bin/webvid -d -l/tmp/webvid.log

# Run VDR with the plugin
./vdr -P webvideo

Antti