[vdr] Anyone working on ttxtsubs for 1.7.4?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Feb 28 15:54:30 CET 2009

En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:

> ...teletext subtitles are a thing from the past, the normal way
> of broadcasting subtitles should be DVB subtitles. I hardly think a
> DVD player would be able to handle teletext subtitles (or am I wrong here?).

While I agree that dvb subtitles are usually better than teletext
subtitles, there are cases when it isn't so.
For example, itv3 (shoot me, but I like Poirot) broadcasts both teletext
and dvb subtitles, but the dvb subtitles are ~6 seconds early, so
they're unusable.
Btw, a 20€ dvb-t set-top box handles teletext subtitles just fine.

Bye
--
Luca