[vdr] Anyone working on ttxtsubs for 1.7.4?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Feb 28 16:38:48 CET 2009

En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:
> On 28.02.2009 15:54, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>> En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:
>>

>>> ...teletext subtitles are a thing from the past, the normal way
>>> of broadcasting subtitles should be DVB subtitles. I hardly think a
>>> DVD player would be able to handle teletext subtitles (or am I wrong here?).
>> While I agree that dvb subtitles are usually better than teletext
>> subtitles, there are cases when it isn't so.
>> For example, itv3 (shoot me, but I like Poirot) broadcasts both teletext
>> and dvb subtitles, but the dvb subtitles are ~6 seconds early, so
>> they're unusable.
>
> Have you ever inquired why they don't fix this?

No, I'm using teletex subtitles instead ;-)
I'm not supposed to be receiving uk channels (in theory the beam is
focused on the uk), so I cannot really complain.
Besides, I'm not knowledgeable enough to be sure it's their problem or
vdr problem (after all, if it didn't work with the freeview set-top
boxes, they'd surely fix it, wouldn't they?)
OTOH I never had problems with dvb subtitles on the bbc channels (other
than vdr not recognizing they're there in recordings, while they
automatically show in live view).

Bye
--
Luca