[vdr] Which extension for TS files?

Malte Schröder maltesch at gmx.de
Mon Jan 5 00:34:46 CET 2009

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 22:34:17 +0100
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:

> > I think the option is clearly defined now.
> > I little thing that always annoyed me was that every recoding file had
> > the .vdr extension, whatever the actual contents (it seemed like the
> > file name was used as an extension). See:
> >      index.vdr
> >      info.vdr
> >      marks.vdr
> >      resume.vdr
> >
> > Maybe you will find an opportunity to improve this at the same time...
>
> Well, how about leaving the ".vdr" part away altogether?

I would vote for that. Having .ts for the recording has the nice
effect that media-players and who knows what can just handle the
recordings. The other files I would consider VDR private data which
is not standardized like TS. So I do not see a point in them having
any extension at all. If they are in a .rec-directory it should be
pretty clear what a file named "index" contains.