[vdr] ANNOUNCE vdr-ttxtsubs 0.0.8

Tobi listaccount at e-tobi.net
Tue Jan 6 11:31:15 CET 2009

Antti Hartikainen wrote:

> Solution so far has been to use little transparent background, but it looks ugly, not like "normal
> text" should look like (white text with few pixels thick black border)

I think VDR doesn't support drawing an outlined OSD text.

The only way to do this, might be to render the text to a bitmap and show
the bitmap instead. Maybe this would be a good opportunity to somehow
transform ttxtsubs to dvb subs which then can be handled by VDR itself.

Any suggestions or contributions are welcome. Use the force / issue
tracker Luke! :-)

http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/plg-ttxtsubs/issues

Tobias