Alex Betis alex.betis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 20:41:20 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 7:50 PM, user. vdr <user.vdr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Klaus Schmidinger
> <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:
> >  + The directory name for a recording has been changed from
> >    YYYY-MM-DD-hh[.:]mm.pr.lt.rec (pr=priority, lt=lifetime) to
> >    YYYY-MM-DD-hh.mm.ch-ri.rec (ch=channel, ri=resumeId).
>
> Is the channel number even necessary information to store in a
> dirname?  I've experienced many times where channels have been
> shuffled (requiring a rescanning & a new channels.conf)
> so channel 100 could be one network today and a different one
> tomorrow.  Maybe a better choice would be using the channel shortname,
> for example:
>
> YYYY-MM-DD-hh.mm.CNN-ri.rec
> YYYY-MM-DD-hh.mm.BBC-ri.rec

I don't know how VDR work, but I think it will be wise to have a file with
the same filename and ".info" or even ".epg" extension that will have
relevant EPG section for the recorded program including full channel name.
If the recording timer was set manualy, maybe it should include all programs
that lay between start and end of the recording.