[vdr] German translation for "Plugin"

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Jan 10 23:07:51 CET 2009

On 09.01.2009 20:29, Joachim Wilke wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> I recommend changing the translation for "Plugin" in the German
> language file to a more non-technical term. I suggest "Erweiterung"
> instead of "Plugin". This helps even non-technical experienced users
> of VDR to understand what to expect.

Well, I have no objection against this (I don't use the German version ;-).
But is it really wise to hide such a term from the German users? When
they talk about a certain plugin with a (German) user of the English version, it
might take a while until the other one realizes that "Erweiterung" means
"Plugin". "Plugin" is such a common word, even for German users, that I
doubt avoiding it is a good thing to do.

If anybody else thinks translating the word "Plugin" to "Erweiterung" makes
sense, please speak up (or otherwise argue against it).

Klaus