[vdr] German translation for "Plugin"

Tobi listaccount at e-tobi.net
Sun Jan 11 00:35:19 CET 2009

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> If anybody else thinks translating the word "Plugin" to "Erweiterung" makes
> sense, please speak up (or otherwise argue against it).

I believe, "Plug-in" is a well established foreign word in the German
language. Replacing it would cause more confusion than it could possibly
solve. According to the dictionary, it's most of the times just written in
the wrong way. As a noun it's "plug-in" not "plugin" (I think because it
isn't spoken as a compound word like "cardboard" or "greenhouse".)

Tobias

...Mitglied des Debian
Fernsehbild-Platten-Aufzeichner-Paketierungs-Projektes :-)