[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.9.0 plugin
rnissl at gmx.de
Mon Jan 12 23:43:33 CET 2009
after being away 7 month from VDR development I'm pleased to
announce release 0.9.0. You can find it on my homepage as usual:
Excerpt from HISTORY:
2009-01-12: Version 0.9.0
- Updated INSTALL and MANUAL accordingly.
- Fixed several multithreading issues which got triggered on
SMP systems (thanks to Edgar (gimli) Hucek for reporting
issues and testing fixes).
- Added support for VDR-1.7.3 besides TS still pictures.
- Pulled patched VDR-1.7.2's remux.[ch] for a quick adaption to
to VDR-1.7.3 (thanks to Klaus Schmidinger for his approval).
- Fixed PTS handling in xine-lib's FFmpeg decoder for recent
FFmpeg versions which should provide better A/V sync now.
- Added patch sets to input_vdr.c which allow to omit parts of
the MRL, e. g. vdr:// should be sufficient now (thanks to
Ludwig Nussel for providing them).
- Make use of new OSD functionality in xine-lib-1.2. For now
an OSD implementation must provide both new features to have
vdr-xine make use of it.
- Extended OSD support in xine-lib-1.2 to allow truecolor OSDs
as well as hardware scaled OSDs. The new functionality is
currently only provided by VDPAU enabled installations.
- Added frame grabbing support for accelerated frame formats to
xine-lib. Previously, xine-lib exitted the app when frame
grabbing was requested for accelerated frame formats like
xxmc. You'll now get a green image in that case. Reading back
the content of an accelerated frame is currently only
provided by VDPAU enabled installations.
- Hacked support for VDR-1.7.1's new cDevice::PlayTs() method.
- Grab image nolonger needs pnmcut to select the relevant area
of the TV image. Besides that, grab image respects the aspect
ratio you select in VDR's setup menu, i. e. a 16:9 setup and
a 16:9 broadcast will grab you a image without black borders.
A mismatch of aspect ratios will add black borders to the
image to match the visual impression you get on your TV set.
Additionally, the grabbing of field pictures was corrected
with regard to color upsampling.
- A script mkNoSignal.sh is provided to create custom logos.
Just provide PNG files named noSignal16x9*.png (and ...4x3...
respectively) and have the tools mentioned in INSTALL in your
path. You'll have to move your custom logos then over the
- The vdr-xine logo is now available in two aspect ratios (4:3
and 16:9) as more channels provide 16:9 content. Then vdr-xine
selects the logo which matches VDR's DVB setup option video
- Added the ability to detect discontinuities in live TV and
to start a new buffering period in such a case. This will
help to resume to fluent playback from bad weather conditions
or when disconnecting and reattaching the antenna cable.
- Updated it_IT.po (thanks to Diego Pierotto for providing the
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de
More information about the vdr