[vdr] why the VDR-PC can't auto run runvdr?

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Wed Jan 14 22:18:07 CET 2009

On 14.01.2009 02:48, LinHai wrote:
> when I start the VDR-PC,The Screen displays:
> /usr/bin/runvdr:line 576: 4515 Segmentation fault

Line 576 is in my latest patched runvdr extreme 0.4.0 release the line
in which the actual VDR process is launched, at least if you're using
the runvdr-0.4.0-xserver-commandline.diff patch. Otherwise it may be the
wait $PID line you've marked.

Whatever causes the segfault to happen however seems to be a VDR or
plugin problem, as the script does continue after it.

Since things do work later, there must be some difference when starting
from boot instead of later. Compare the environment as Torgeir
suggested. It may also be because of things that may happen later in the
boot process - folders not existing or drivers not loaded or whatever.

Cheers,

Udo