[vdr] Q: How to use Multiswitch w/ 2 satellites

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Thu Jan 15 07:35:15 CET 2009

at the moment I use 2 satellites (Astra1 @ 19.2E, Hotbird @ 13.0E) with 3
budget cards and cables (2x Astra from a quad LNB, 1x Hotbird from a single)
with the capabilities patch. In the future I may need to cut down the 3 to 2
cards / cables. I know I will need to replace the quad LNB by a quattro, or
maybe both LNBs by two duals. The question is, how can I use a 3/2 multiswitch,
and how will VDR know where the 13.0E programs are, or the 19.2E, respectively.

Real Programmers don't play tennis, or any other sport that requires
you to change clothes.  Mountain climbing is OK, and real programmers
wear their climbing boots to work in case a mountain should suddenly
spring up in the middle of the machine room.