[vdr] WinTV USB CI-Module and recommended distribution for VDR?

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 14:48:00 CET 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 13:17:11 +0200
Lauri Tischler <lwgt at iki.fi> wrote:

> Sascha Vogt wrote:
> > Hi Lauri,
> >
> > Lauri Tischler schrieb:
> >> Couldn't find M2N78Pro, do you mean M3N78PRO ?
> > Sorry, you're right, meant the M3N78Pro.
>
> Any idea if its possible to get also audio via HDMI-connection ?

NVidia HDMI audio is supported in Linux but you need at least kernel
2.6.28 or drivers from ALSA 1.0.18 and you need to configure things to
use it instead of the default (asoundrc, pulse config because it ignores
asoundrc, xine/vdr-sxfe because it ignores asoundrc and pulse config).
It works for me with an M3N78-VM.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk