[vdr] Options for deinterlacing (or not)

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 17:56:06 CET 2009

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:19:49 +0200
"Ville Aakko" <ville.aakko at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) You need  to enable sync on vblanck.

[Snip]

> The first is not possible on all drivers (i.e. fglrx).

Absolutely not possible? I know OpenGL, DRI and NVidia drivers all have
APIs for waiting for vblank and ISTR seeing a xine option for vblank
sync with Xv. Do none of these work with fglrx? Nvidia's settings tool
has options to disable vblank sync for OpenGL and video, but I don't
know whether by setting it off it disables syncing altogether or by
setting it on it forces flip operations to automatically wait for
vblank.

Another problem is that in interlaced modes on standard graphics cards
you get a vblank interrupt for each field with no way of distinguishing
between top or bottom fields; getting them the wrong way round is really
messy! Certain Matrox cards let applications distinguish between top and
bottom fields, but it's only (officially) supported on the TV-out (SDTV)
on the second head using DirectFB.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk