[vdr] Options for deinterlacing (or not)

Thomas Hilber vdr at toh.cx
Wed Jan 21 07:17:57 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 03:22:15PM +1000, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> Does it work with 915 hardware as well?

Yup, a few days ago I successfully testet the patch on my
Asus EEE 701. Even replaying interlaced SD content the 900MHz CPU idles
at about 60%. Please see table at

http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=784548#post784548

It appears that most of recent Intel based (i9xx graphics) netbooks are
suitable for VGA2SCART with frame rate control (synced fields).

A complete list of VGA2SCART capable chipsets is under
contruction here:

http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=782181#post782181

legend:
a '+' in 'PAL' column means: unsynced (with software deinterlacing)
VGA2SCART is possible.

a '+' in 'FRC' column means: synced (i.e. frame rate control obsoleting
software deinterlacing) VGA2SCART is possible.