[vdr] Options for deinterlacing (or not)

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Wed Jan 21 07:23:59 CET 2009

On 21 Jan 2009, at 16:17, Thomas Hilber wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 03:22:15PM +1000, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>> Does it work with 915 hardware as well?
> Yup, a few days ago I successfully testet the patch on my
> Asus EEE 701. Even replaying interlaced SD content the 900MHz CPU
> idles
> at about 60%. Please see table at
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=784548#post784548
> It appears that most of recent Intel based (i9xx graphics) netbooks
> are
> suitable for VGA2SCART with frame rate control (synced fields).
> A complete list of VGA2SCART capable chipsets is under
> contruction here:
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=782181#post782181
> legend:
> a '+' in 'PAL' column means: unsynced (with software deinterlacing)
> VGA2SCART is possible.
> a '+' in 'FRC' column means: synced (i.e. frame rate control
> obsoleting
> software deinterlacing) VGA2SCART is possible.

Ok, I have this hardware; http://www.silentpcreview.com/article311-page1.html
  an asus mainboard i915ga-hfs, with 915G graphics and onboard YPbPr
and DVI outputs. I figure with some tweaking, it should be possible to
run pure RGB or YPbPr out without using any vga to scart adapter.

There's no english howto anywhere?

Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com