[vdr] Options for deinterlacing (or not)

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Wed Jan 21 07:23:59 CET 2009

On 21 Jan 2009, at 16:17, Thomas Hilber wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 03:22:15PM +1000, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>> Does it work with 915 hardware as well?
>
> Yup, a few days ago I successfully testet the patch on my
> Asus EEE 701. Even replaying interlaced SD content the 900MHz CPU
> idles
> at about 60%. Please see table at
>
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=784548#post784548
>
> It appears that most of recent Intel based (i9xx graphics) netbooks
> are
> suitable for VGA2SCART with frame rate control (synced fields).
>
> A complete list of VGA2SCART capable chipsets is under
> contruction here:
>
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=782181#post782181
>
> legend:
> a '+' in 'PAL' column means: unsynced (with software deinterlacing)
> VGA2SCART is possible.
>
> a '+' in 'FRC' column means: synced (i.e. frame rate control
> obsoleting
> software deinterlacing) VGA2SCART is possible.

Ok, I have this hardware; http://www.silentpcreview.com/article311-page1.html
  an asus mainboard i915ga-hfs, with 915G graphics and onboard YPbPr
and DVI outputs. I figure with some tweaking, it should be possible to
run pure RGB or YPbPr out without using any vga to scart adapter.

There's no english howto anywhere?

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com