[vdr] Options for deinterlacing (or not)
nicolas at huillard.net
Wed Jan 21 12:55:19 CET 2009
Thomas Hilber a écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 04:23:59PM +1000, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>> There's no english howto anywhere?
> sorry, not yet.
Is the below rough summary correct ?
What it currently is :
* a patch set to DRM kernel modules, xine-lib and xineliboutput
* that adds proper interlaced output from ATI and Intel GPUs
* it also adds FrameRateControl under some conditions
* it's stable and works on VGA, but seems to also work on HDMI
* only works with Xv (does/can not make use of XvMC)
* can work with any display device (CRT, LCD, plasma)
* make most use of the display device capability (interlaced display on
a SD CRT, "picture enhancers" on HD LCD/Plasma)
Ideal goal would probably imply :
* output mode change upon source mode change (output 720x576i on the VGA
when playing SDTV, output 1920x1080i/p when playing HDTV contents, etc.)
* make use of hardware decoding capabilities when available (specially
* add support for nVidia, VIA chips, etc. (feasability ?)
* integrate these patches upstream (feasability, propagation delays?)
More information about the vdr