[vdr] Sirius 4.8E - channels.conf and sources.conf

Artem Makhutov artem at makhutov.org
Sun Jan 25 12:04:26 CET 2009

Hi,

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
> On 25.01.2009 11:42, Artem Makhutov wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am wondering on why the Sirius 4.8° satellite is noted as
>>
>> "S5E     Sirius 4" in sources.conf
>>
>> and "S5.0E" is used in diseqc.conf and channels.conf...
>>

> Well, I guess the source from which this information was taken
> initially was wrong (or has this sat been repositioned?).

As far as I can remember the sat was not repositioned.
> If we change this now, all existing diseqc.conf and channels.conf
> files would have to be changed accordingly. I wouldn't have a problem
> with that, since I don't receive that sat position ;-)
I also have no problems with changing the files :)

I am just wondering on why this sat is noted without the ".0" in the
sources.conf.

This should be changed to S5.0E or S4.8E. We could stick with S5.0,
since this is used in some sources.

Lyngsat is using 5.0E in the name of the HTML file, but 4.8E is used in
the text :

http://www.lyngsat.com/5east.html

Regards, Artem