Gregoire Favre gregoire.favre at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 16:08:30 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 02:13:25PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> What do you mean by "native h.264 support"?
>
> VDR just records the TS and sends it to the output device.
> It doesn't care too much about the actual contents.
> It's up to the output devices to replay h.264.
>
> Or is there something missing that I'm not seeing at the moment?

Didn't test vdr-1.7.4 (about to) but since 1.7.3 it works really great
with vdr-xine and xine-lib-1.2 :-)
(I also use vdpau : http://www.jusst.de/vdpau/files/xine-lib-1.2/ ).

I don't think anything is missing (maybe an easy way to convert all
recordings done in h.264 which weren't in TS ?).
--
Grégoire FAVRE http://gregoire.favre.googlepages.com http://www.gnupg.org
               http://picasaweb.google.com/Gregoire.Favre