[vdr] consistent device removal

Deti Fliegl deti at fliegl.de
Mon Jan 26 22:25:42 CET 2009

Hi,

sometimes it is very useful to create and destroy cDevice based classes
at runtime. Currently it is only possible to create such classes at any
time but destroying causes inconsistency in the 'devices' array which
leads to segmentation faults in various places.

The patch attached keeps the 'device' array consistent on destruction of
any cDevice based class. Please add this patch to current 1.6/1.7
development versions.

The next thing to do is removing the MAXDEVICES constraint which should
make it possible to add any number of cDevice based instances.

Just in case you are interested why I need this feature: I am working on
a native VDR plugin for the NetCeiver hardware. With this box it is
possible to have up to 6 DVB-S2 devices (or DVB-S/C/T) per NetCeiver.
You can attach up to 5 NetCeivers to a gigabit network which makes 30
DVB devices available. Therefore it should be possible to create and
destroy DVB devices at runtime.

Deti