[vdr] no channel update for certain channels

Matthias Dahl ml_vdr at mortal-soul.de
Tue Jan 27 10:34:02 CET 2009

Hi.

For certain situations, it'd be great to exclude some channels from the
automatic channel update. For example, when one has entered a channel manually
which broadcasts wrong channel informations. With the next channel update, all
is overwritten. So one has to either completely disable the automatic updates
or live without the channel for the time being.

I had just a quick look over the vdr source and figured it wouldn't be too
hard to come up with a patch to support something like this I guess. So I
wanted to ask if this new feature would be considered ok for inclusion into
vdr-1.7.x or if there are reasons against it? Otherwise I would put it on my
todo list and get to it when I get some time... if no one else does it in the
meantime that is. :-)

Best regards,
matthias.